Who are we?
Machiatto are a Wairarapa-based espresso roasting company that realises the flavour of the best Arabica coffees by:
- fresh hot-air-roasting each bean variety to its full potential,
- blending, delivering fresh, and ensuring careful extraction to coax out their delicate flavours.
Philosophy & Ethics
Freshness, Good Technique and Flavour should be served in every cup of espresso; you should know you’ve had a good cup of coffee!
Wherever possible, we source organic beans from Fair Trade growers (who are paid a fair price for their labour; see www.fairtrade.org) and roast batches to order, using New Zealand designed and built equipment.
How & where to taste Machiatto:
Currently, in the Wairarapa:
- Water Mill Bakery, upper Norfolk Rd, Carterton, Summertime (November to March) Fridays 1700-2000 hrs
- Farmers’ Market, Farrier's carpark, 4 Chapel, Masterton (Saturdays 0900-1300hrs);
- Various mobile venues in the Wairarapa, (e.g. at the Martinborough Fair, Te Kairanga Farmers' Market, Greytown Country Market) & other local events &
- at home, making it the way you like it, with freshly-ground beans.